How Do Magnetic Bracelets Work?
Magnetic Therapy Bracelets are very effective for managing pain caused by a number of conditions. If worn correctly and consistently they can be a game changer for persons that experience pain on a daily basis.
There are occasions when I hear from a customer stating their Magnetic Bracelet hasn't made one bit of difference. If that is you, or if you are just interested in how Magnetic Bracelets work, you've come to the right place.
Let's start off by discussing how Magnetic Bracelets work. This is important to know and understand to ensure you receive all the benefits from your Magnetic Jewelry.
It’s important to know that a Magnetic Bracelet will only help relieve pain in your wrists, hands, fingers, and arms. If you wear it as an ankle bracelet, it can help ease pain in your feet, wrists, and legs. Pain in any other location of your body will not be relieved by wearing a magnetic bracelet.
This is true for three reasons –
- Therapeutic magnets work locally. Blood flow around an injury will be improved only in the area where the magnets are worn and the surrounding tissue.
- Therapeutic magnets reduce inflammation only around the area where they are worn.
- The magnetic field created by therapeutic magnets over an injury penetrates the body and tissues only in the area around where the magnets are worn.
As the magnetic field travels through your blood stream the strength diminishes until there is no strength left to carry. Therefore, the magnetic field just doesn’t have the strength to make it throughout the entire body.
I will say that on a few rare occasions I’ve been told by someone that their Magnetic Therapy Bracelet helped with back pain or migraines. I don’t doubt this, but for the vast majority, you will experience reduced pain only in the wrists, hands, fingers and arms.
With an understanding of where in the body Magnetic Bracelets will be effective, let's look at the conditions that benefit from wearing Magnetic Therapy Bracelets. You’ll find the benefits to be more than just easing pain. Magnetic Bracelets provide great benefits if you have issues with High Blood Pressure, lack of energy and more.
Here are several of the benefits to wearing Magnetic Bracelets are….
- Decrease in pain – pain from arthritis, carpal tunnel and other painful conditions is relieved as the magnetism in the beads works with your body to reduce inflammation in the area where the bracelet is worn.
- Improved circulation – when worn regularly, the magnetic field attracts iron in the blood and stimulates blood flow. The result is that blood flows easier and the body, tissues, muscles and organs receive more oxygen and nutrients.
- Increased energy levels – as circulation is improved the heart doesn’t have to work as hard which will give a much needed boost to energy levels.
- Lower blood pressure – this is also a result of improved circulation. As circulation improves, there is less fluid to push through the body which brings a natural decrease in blood pressure.
The overall result is that you feel better, hurt less, and feel more energized and less lethargic.
Here's a list of the types of conditions that can benefit from consistently wearing Magnetic Bracelets. As you read through the list, remember this is only when these conditions are in the fingers, wrists, hands, and arms. (An exception to this would be if you wear a Magnetic Anklet or Necklace. Then, it would be limited the immediate area where that item is worn.)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Repetitive Strain Injury
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- High Blood Pressure
- Tennis Elbow
- Reynaud’s Disease
- Poor Circulation
- Diabetes (Peripheral Neuropathy)
The last bit of information that is important to ensure you receive the benefits of your Magnetic Therapy Bracelets is knowing the Magnetic Strength of the bracelets you wear and also being sure the bracelet fits well.
*** It is so important that you know the magnetic strength of any magnetic jewelry that you wear. Gauss is the unit of measurement of a magnetic field and is used to measure the magnetic strength of any sort of magnetic device. (Disclaimer: in industry they have moved to using the Tesla measurement, but magnets used in medicine are still measured in gauss because it gives a more precise calculation for lower strengths of magnets.)
Magnets used to relieve pain and provide health benefits should be greater than 800 gauss. Any less and it may not penetrate the skin. For best results, you really want something rated between 1,500 and 2,000 gauss or higher.
There is no limit to how much magnetic strength can be worn. Any strength is completely safe. And, the greater the strength the better the results. The stronger the magnet(s), the deeper the penetration and wider the magnetic field. This means the bracelet would provide more relief from pain over a larger area in the body. The same if you are wearing your magnetic bracelet to lower blood pressure or other health benefit.
*** To be sure your magnetic bracelet will be effective, your bracelet must fit correctly. If your bracelet fits too loosely, the magnetic field will not be able to penetrate your skin. If the bracelet fits too tightly, it might cause your arm or wrist to swell and affect your circulation.
To ensure you get the right fit, first measure your wrist with a tape measure. Wrap it leaving the tape measure flat and tight. Then, add 1/2 inch to the measurement. This should allow for a snug fit, but also give you room for a bit of a gap giving your wrist some “breathing room”.